Job Title: Assistant Cell Leader
Hours: Full time – Monday to Thursday-7:30am to 5:00 pm, Friday-7:30am to 11:30am
Purpose of the Position
Oversee the setup, assembly and breakdown of the production cell, along with assigning employees to individual tasks.
The “Production Floor” assembles our temperature measurement probes, temperature switches and various other items in production cells 1-6.
- Set up production lines – verify all machinery, equipment and tools function properly.
- Assign cell employees to individual tasks in a production line and provide training for the individual task.
- Maintain smooth transition between jobs. Time to first piece.
- Verify the quality of the items produced in the production cell.
- Minimize downtime by properly training employees to notify you if they are providing a line imbalance.
- Collect information from production cell employees about how to build parts faster, more efficient and with higher quality. We need all your feedback!
- Communicate with the production supervisor and notify them when you will be mixing epoxy along with what style of epoxy.
- Identify the following 3 areas:
- Production cell is imbalanced.
- Items are built with defects.
- Not enough materials to finish a job.
- 5S of the production cell. Keep it neat, organized, clean and safe.
- Accountable for efficiency of production cell.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read prints and work orders.
- Minimum of 2 years experience working in one of PUI’s production cell or Assistant Cell Leader.
- Knowledge of all production equipment in cell.
- Pleasant attitude with the ability to take on a leadership role and promote teamwork.
- Motivated individual with ability to adapt to shop environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects; maintain order and organization.
- Ability to work independently and manage workload.
- Honest, trustworthy and respectful.
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Ability to be flexible and work under pressure.
- Demonstrate sound work ethics.
We will train the right person if someone interested in a stable work environment that treats people fairly in return for a good work ethic.