Job Title: Light Machine Operator
Hours: Full time – Monday to Thursday-7:30am to 5:00 pm, Friday-7:30am to 11:30am
Purpose of the Position
This position exists to provide the production cells on the production floor with the wires and insulations they need for upcoming work orders provided by the front office / production supervisor.
- Make insulations as detailed on the provided work orders using one of our wire machines.
- Insulations quantity and desired length should match the provided work order. All deviations need to be approved by a supervisor.
- Make / strip wires as detailed on the provided work orders using one of our wire machines.
- Wire quantity, desired length and desired strip should match the provided work order. All deviations need to be approved by a supervisor.
- Inspect all wires before providing them to the production floor.
- Any deviation from the information provided on the work order need to be approved / signed off by a supervisor before starting the job.
- Initial setup and first items run off the machine for work orders greater than 50 (fifty) units need to be approved and signed for by a supervisor.
- Approved supervisors are Melissa and Sophana.
- Organize and label all the materials in the “Wire Processing Room”. The labels should be clear to read and in locations that are easy to see.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read prints and work orders.
- Ability to read and understand rulers, calipers, tape measures, English and Metric lengths.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as production staff or certified from Quality Manager.
- Motivated individual with ability to adapt to shop environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects; maintain order and organization.
- Ability to work independently and manage workload
- Honest, trustworthy and respectful.
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Ability to be flexible and work under pressure.
- Not afraid to be held accountable with a willingness to continually improve performance.
We will train the right person if someone interested in a stable work environment that treats people fairly in return for a good work ethic.