Job Title: Production Supervisor
Hours: Full time – Monday to Thursday-7:30am to 5.00 pm, Friday-7.30am to 11.30am
Purpose of the Position
This position exists to oversee the production floor and manage the cell leaders to ensure efficient production lines that maintain 1 piece flow along with applying lean principles to set up, workplace organization, and cellular production. This position reports to the Operations Manager.
The “Production Floor” assembles our temperature measurement probes, temperature switches and various other items in production cells 1-4. This position is the direct report for cells 1-4. As additional work cells are added, additional team leaders will report to this position.
- Oversee daily production floor. Responsible for daily efficiency of production cells.
- Interacting with cell leaders to verify they understand the job to be built.
- Verify the employees are properly allocated to the production cells.
- Hourly verification of plan to actual boards.
- Verify new employee training is complete and accurate.
- Coordinate and distribute jobs from the wire cutter to the production floor.
- Establish and maintain 5S workstation standards.
- Maintain lean procedures in the production cells.
- Gather information from the production cell employees which would be useful for setup reduction and increased efficiency in the production lines.
- Verify the production cells are maintaining 1 piece flow.
- 5S of the production cell. Keep it neat, organized, clean and safe.
- Inspection of quality
- Holding people accountable for quality errors and determining the root cause of the error.
- Accountable for final count of shipping items.
- Accountable for starting count of raw materials.
- Meeting time goals as specified on the plan to actual boards and work orders.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read prints and work orders.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as cell leader OR prior management experience.
- Knowledge of all production equipment in cell.
- Pleasant attitude with the ability to take on a leadership role and promote teamwork.
- Motivated individual with ability to adapt to shop environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects; maintain order and organization.
- Ability to work independently and manage workload.
- Honest, trustworthy and respectful.
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Ability to be flexible and work under pressure.
- Demonstrate sound work ethics.
- Not afraid to be held accountable with a willingness to continually improve performance (part of our continuous improvement initiative).