Job Title: Quality Control Inspector
Locations: Florida, Pennsylvania,
Hours: Full time – Monday to Thursday-7:30am to 5.00 pm, Friday-7.30am to 11.30am
Purpose of the Position
This position exists to oversee the quality of items produced on the production floor and verify all items meet the drawings and specifications attached to each work order.
The “Production Floor” assembles our temperature measurement probes, temperature switches and various other items in production cells 1-5. This position reports directly to the Production Supervisor and Manager.
- Build sample items and fill out “sample item checklist”
- Verify all sample items are within the proper specifications and dimensions
- Perform first article inspection on all production runs in production cells
- First article inspection shall require: verifying the first item meets all dimensions and notes on the attached work order and drawing
- Circling all inspected parameters along with signing and dating the inspection documents
- Performing temperature calibration at elevated temperatures to verify the proper sensor is installed in the probe
- Perform final inspection on all production runs in production cells
- Final inspection shall require: verifying the items meet all dimensions and notes on the attached work order and drawing
- Inspecting at least 5% of the items from the beginning of the production run. [5 out of 100 units] Circling all inspected parameters along with signing and dating the inspection documents
- Performing temperature calibration at elevated temperatures to verify the proper sensor is installed in the probes [Calibration only needs to be performed on 2% of the production run]
- Visually inspect the items being built every hour in each production cell. If the production line changed the assembly process, perform another first article inspection.
- Verify first article inspection from the wire cutter; sign off on work orders to verify wires were inspected.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read prints and work orders.
- Minimum of 2 years of QA background, experience as production staff or certified from Quality Manager
- Knowledge of all production equipment in cell
- Motivated individual with ability to adapt to shop environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects; maintain order and organization
- Ability to work independently and manage workload
- Honest, trustworthy and respectful
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Ability to be flexible and work under pressure
- Not afraid to be held accountable with a willingness to continually improve performance [part of our continuous improvement initiative]