Job Title: Sheath Shop Labor
Hours: Full time – Monday to Thursday-7:30am to 5:00 pm, Friday-7:30am to 11:30am
Purpose of the Position
This position exists to oversee the Sheath Shop manufacturing operation. Provide support to production supervisor. To ensure efficient production lines that maintain 1-piece flow along with applying lean principles to set up, workplace organization, and cellular production.
Management of sheath production operation to ensure efficient operation and quality of all manufactured products, including management of all facets (maintenance, process, and training).
- Deburring SS tubing using bench top grinders.
- Polishing SS tubing using bench top polishers.
- Cleaning SS tubing using vibratory tumblers and ultrasonic cleaners.
- Tube altering through the use of flaring and swaging.
- Visual inspection of finished goods by use of magnifying lenses, microscopes and/or other optical devices.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read prints and work orders.
- Knowledge of all production equipment in cell and machine shop.
- Pleasant attitude with the ability to take on a leadership role and promote teamwork.
- Motivated individual with ability to adapt to shop environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects; maintain order and organization.
- Ability to work independently and manage workload.
- Honest, trustworthy and respectful.
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Ability to be flexible and work under pressure.
- Demonstrate sound work ethics.
- Not afraid to be held accountable with a willingness to continually improve performance (part of our continuous improvement initiative).
We will train the right person if someone interested in a stable work environment that treats people fairly in return for a good work ethic.