Job Title: Tube Etching Operator
Hours: Full time – Monday to Thursday-7:30am to 5:00 pm, Friday-7:30am to 11:30am
Purpose of the Position
As an operator, you will manage the machine and scheduling as well as perform the processes. Provide support to the production supervisor.
- Sets up the tube etching machine according to the print specifications and work instructions.
- Operates the machine and runs production procedures.
- Creates accurate and efficient programs.
- Maintains and manages all the electronic files used for programming.
- Works directly with the supervisor, tube fabrication, assembly, and others.
- Reads and interprets blueprints and work instruction sheets to determine appropriate operations.
- Maintains and ensures accurate counts on completed parts and scrapped parts.
- Maintains tools, measuring instruments, and equipment in a clean and orderly manner.
- Reports all equipment problems or malfunctions to supervisor immediately.
- Maintains clean, orderly, and safe work areas at all times.
- Helps train new employees as required.
- Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read prints and work orders.
- Knowledge of all production equipment in a cell and machine shop.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, maintain order, work independently and manage workload.
- Honest, trustworthy, and respectful.
- Demonstrate sound work ethics.
- Not afraid to be held accountable with a willingness to continually improve performance (part of our continuous improvement initiative).
We will train the right person if someone is interested in a stable work environment that treats people fairly in return for a good work ethic.